I’m not heavily into popular culture in general, and, in particular, I’d never seen a “reality” television show. But a week ago my wife and daughters were eager to watch Joe Millionaire. I saw it with them and thought it was very fun. Tonight my wife and I were working on dinner when I said, “Wait a minute! Isn’t this the night Joe Millionaire is on?” Sure enough. We watched it again. It was highly entertaining; at the end Evan narrowed the competitors down to five. Next week they’re all going to Paris. I don’t draw any particular conclusion from this, other than the fact that the program brings the concept of a “guilty pleasure” to a whole new level. I don’t know, maybe I like it because it reminds me of my own single days. Right, guys?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell