Courtesy of Real Clear Politics and the New York Post, here is Daniel Pipes on “why Europe balks.” Pipes borrows from an essay in the Weekly Standard by Yale professor David Gelernter, who finds that the former Western Europe, forged by World War II, has been replaced by the Old Europe of post-World War I vintage. Pipes agrees with Gelernter that 1920s-style self-hatred is now a dominant force in Europe, and that appeasement fits this mood perfectly, “having grown over the decades into a worldview that teaches the blood-guilt of Western man, the moral bankruptcy of the West, and the outrageousness of Western civilizaion’s attempting to impose its values on anyone else.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Race Hustlers Want Equal Treatment With Biker Gangs
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
- More evidence, via "Sid Vicious," of Hillary's Benghazi deceit
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell