Damn, I was thinking that was one of my better predictions. Easy come, easy go! If you can keep your kids’ names straight, Deacon, your memory is better than mine. But we should keep listening to Dafydd ab Hugh–whether that’s his real name or not (I’ve always assumed it is), he’s generally right.
One comment on the Israeli political scene: what is striking to me is how few seats the two “major” parties hold. The reality of Israeli politics is that most Knesset seats are held by various “splinter” parties of the left or right, secular or religious. The central lesson I would draw from this election is that Likud (the “right-wing” party of American editors’ rote recitation) now occupies the center of the landscape, flanked by a handful of moribund seats on the left, and a much larger number of fractious representatives on what can loosely be called the “right.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell