The Administration will apparently pull out a lot of the stops–certainly not all–to make an impression on the U.N.’s Security Council next week. According to Newsweek’s Michael Isikoff, the evidence to be unveiled by Colin Powell will include National Security Agency intercepts of Iraqi officials plotting to evade the U.N.’s inspectors. I guess this is a good thing, but I have to wonder: is there anyone who doubts that Saddam and his minions are developing prohibited weapons and hiding that development from the inspectors? Does even the Evil Weasel, Tom Daschle, doubt this? I don’t think so. So it is a little unclear what exactly is being accomplished by jumping through this hoop. One suspects that more hoops will inevitably appear.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Koch to Democratic Senators: Get Lost!
- The Climate Beclowning Continues
- Did the Obama Administration Lie to the Federal Court About Implementation of Executive Amnesty?
- 13 questions for Hillary Clinton [Plus one more]
- Someone misled us on AQ's demise
- Will Obama's deal with Iran bind our next president?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell