Last fall we watched with dismay as Senate Democrats on the Judiciary Committee did a number on Miguel Estrada, President Bush’s outstanding nominee to the United States Court of Appeals. Now, the Washington Post, which called Estrada’s confirmation an easy decision, reports that the Judiciary Committee has approved Estrada’s nomination by 10-9 vote on pure party lines. The nomination will go to the full Senate, where Democrats will continue their smear campaign. What is Estrada’s sin? As Senator Schumer explains it in the Post article, Estrada hasn’t provided enough information to validate Democratic suspicions that he is “outside of the mainstream.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell