Today is of course the birthday of Abraham Lincoln. Americans used to know that February 12 is Lincoln’s birthday because it used to be a national holiday. It used to be a national holiday because Lincoln is the hero of America’s freedom and the martyr of its ancient faith that all men are created equal.
In the piece “A Genius for Friendship” Rocket Man and I tried to pay our own tribute to Lincoln through a telling of the story of the most famous of his cases as a trial lawyer. Of the worthy columnists writing today, only Paul Greenberg devotes his column to Lincoln. Fortunately, it’s a good one: “A man for this season.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell