The Washington Times reports that Democratic support for the filibuster against Miguel Estrada is slipping away. Four Democratic Senators have announced that they will vote in favor of a cloture motion, and at least one more is believed likely to do so. Still not enough for sixty votes, but with public pressure intensifying, the likelihood of the filibuster turning into a public relations disaster for the Democrats is increasing.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell