The Washington Times reports that Democratic support for the filibuster against Miguel Estrada is slipping away. Four Democratic Senators have announced that they will vote in favor of a cloture motion, and at least one more is believed likely to do so. Still not enough for sixty votes, but with public pressure intensifying, the likelihood of the filibuster turning into a public relations disaster for the Democrats is increasing.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell