The Washington Times reports that Democratic support for the filibuster against Miguel Estrada is slipping away. Four Democratic Senators have announced that they will vote in favor of a cloture motion, and at least one more is believed likely to do so. Still not enough for sixty votes, but with public pressure intensifying, the likelihood of the filibuster turning into a public relations disaster for the Democrats is increasing.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell