The Washington Times reports that Democratic support for the filibuster against Miguel Estrada is slipping away. Four Democratic Senators have announced that they will vote in favor of a cloture motion, and at least one more is believed likely to do so. Still not enough for sixty votes, but with public pressure intensifying, the likelihood of the filibuster turning into a public relations disaster for the Democrats is increasing.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell