…of the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993, which killed six and injured more than one thousand. Arab terrorists tried, but failed, to bring down the entire complex with a truck bomb. Eight years later they succeeded, using airplanes. The first World Trade Center attack was treated as a relatively routine criminal matter by the Clinton Administration; some of the perpetrators were caught and convicted, and nothing further was done. With hindsight, our failure to take any serious countermeasures was a milestone in the growth of the Islamofascist movement.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell