…of the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993, which killed six and injured more than one thousand. Arab terrorists tried, but failed, to bring down the entire complex with a truck bomb. Eight years later they succeeded, using airplanes. The first World Trade Center attack was treated as a relatively routine criminal matter by the Clinton Administration; some of the perpetrators were caught and convicted, and nothing further was done. With hindsight, our failure to take any serious countermeasures was a milestone in the growth of the Islamofascist movement.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell