We have several times expressed our admiration for Minnesota’s new Governor, Tim Pawlenty. Like most states, Minnesota is facing a substantial budget shortfall. Pawlenty was the only one of four candidates for Governor who pledged to solve the state’s budget problems without raising taxes. Since taking office he has held firm to that pledge, and survey data indicate he has the support of a clear majority of Minnesotans. Today’s Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that its Minnesota Poll has Pawlenty with a 60% approval rating. And given what the Trunk has exposed about the Minnesota Poll’s methods, we can be sure that figure is a minimum. One could hope that Tim’s example is inspiring other governors to hold the line on taxes, but I don’t have the sense that that is happening in many states.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell