…former rock star George Michael (of “Wham!” fame) is “begging pop stars to abandon plans for an anti-war charity record because he says they do not know enough about politics.” Michael says current pop celebrities like Kylie Minogue, Justin Timberlake and Pink just don’t measure up to the days when he and other pop musicians performed “Do They Know It’s Christmas” in 1984. Not to mention, of course, the protest singers of our day, like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. I think a steady downhill trend can be discerned.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell