…former rock star George Michael (of “Wham!” fame) is “begging pop stars to abandon plans for an anti-war charity record because he says they do not know enough about politics.” Michael says current pop celebrities like Kylie Minogue, Justin Timberlake and Pink just don’t measure up to the days when he and other pop musicians performed “Do They Know It’s Christmas” in 1984. Not to mention, of course, the protest singers of our day, like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez. I think a steady downhill trend can be discerned.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell