Jay Bryant for Real Clear Politics explains why the Republicans must stick to their guns in the face of the Senate Democrats’ unconscionable filibuster of the Miguel Estrada nomination. Bryant, a former Senate and House staffer, believes that the President can always win a game of “chicken” with Congress, and that, in this case, it is essential that President Bush do so. Bryant reminds us that the key to democracy is for the losers of elections to accept defeat. By filibustering Estrada’s nomination, the Senate Democrats are refusing to accept their defeat in the 2002 elections. They must not be allowed to succeed.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell