Jay Bryant for Real Clear Politics explains why the Republicans must stick to their guns in the face of the Senate Democrats’ unconscionable filibuster of the Miguel Estrada nomination. Bryant, a former Senate and House staffer, believes that the President can always win a game of “chicken” with Congress, and that, in this case, it is essential that President Bush do so. Bryant reminds us that the key to democracy is for the losers of elections to accept defeat. By filibustering Estrada’s nomination, the Senate Democrats are refusing to accept their defeat in the 2002 elections. They must not be allowed to succeed.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell