Both Colin Powell and Jack Straw have been making optimistic statements about the vote in the Security Council on the U.S.-British resolution that would impose a March 17 deadline on Iraq’s compliance with Resolution 1441. Powell said today that we are “in striking distance” of winning that vote. It depends, I guess, on Angola and Cameroon. I assume they know what they’re talking about, but it would take a lot more than a majority vote in the Security Council, after all we’ve been through, to convince me that the U.N. detour was wise or should ever be repeated.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell