Tomorrow’s Sydney Morning Herald says that “[t]he United States has threatened to withdraw from the increasingly chaotic debate at the United Nations, opening the way for President George Bush to declare war within days….The American Broadcasting Corporation reported that the US military could make a pre-emptive strike on three targets before declaring war, possibly triggering the major conflict.”
France, having overplayed its hand, reportedly is concerned about this turn of events: “The US threat to abandon diplomacy rattled France, which adopted a more conciliatory tone yesterday, saying it was open to negotiations.”
We can only hope it’s all true. Condoleezza Rice’s statement to al-Jazeera that “This has gone on long enough” is consistent with the view that the Administration is finally ready to abandon its seemingly endless courtship of the morally bankrupt United Nations.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell