The Associated Press reports on the liberation of Safwan, a small town in southern Iraq:
“Americans very good,” Ali Khemy said. “Iraq wants to be free.” Some chanted, “Ameriki! Ameriki!”….”No Saddam Hussein!” one young man in headscarf told [an American soldier]. “Bush!”
This is no doubt the first of many such scenes, of which we will soon be seeing pictures and video footage. It will be interesting to see how many antiwar activists (and Democratic politicians) admit that they were wrong.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell