Kenneth Minogue is a learned British teacher of government at the London School of Economics. In the current issue of the New Criterion he reviews The Mirth of Nations, a scholarly book on jokes. The review is both thoughtful and funny: “Laughing matters.” Professor Minogue puts his learning on display in another New Criterion essay of a few years back: “How civilizations fall.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell