…has been identified as Sgt. Asan Akbar of the 326th Engineer Battalion. An Army spokesman says the attack “hasn’t been linked to Akbar’s Islamic faith.” Yeah, life is full of coincidences.
UPDATE: This morning’s Washington Times cites an unnamed military source who describes Akbar as “a Muslim who opposes the war to disarm Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein.” He was recently cited for insubordination and was barred from accompanying the 101st Airborne into Iraq.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell