Chris Ayres of the London Times is traveling toward Baghdad with the U.S. Marines. This is a nice account of an attack on the Marine column, strung out in the mud along Iraq’s unfinished Highway 1, in the middle of the night in a howling sandstorm, by Iraqi tanks. Ayers was understandably scared out of his wits, but his fear seems not to have been shared by the Marine officer perceived only as a “bass monotone” on the radio.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell