A nice story:
“Iraqi civilians fleeing heavy fighting [in central Iraq] have stunned and delighted hungry US marines by giving them food.
“‘They had slaughtered lambs and chickens and boiled eggs and potatoes for their journey out of the frontlines,’ [a Marine sergeant] said. At one camp, the buses stopped and women passed out food to the troops, who have had to ration their army-issue packets of ready-to-eat meals due to disruptions to supply lines by fierce fighting further south.
“In broken English [an Iraqi] told a correspondent travelling with the marines: ‘We like Americans,’ adding that no one liked Saddam Hussein because ‘he was not kind.’”
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell