A nice story:
“Iraqi civilians fleeing heavy fighting [in central Iraq] have stunned and delighted hungry US marines by giving them food.
“‘They had slaughtered lambs and chickens and boiled eggs and potatoes for their journey out of the frontlines,’ [a Marine sergeant] said. At one camp, the buses stopped and women passed out food to the troops, who have had to ration their army-issue packets of ready-to-eat meals due to disruptions to supply lines by fierce fighting further south.
“In broken English [an Iraqi] told a correspondent travelling with the marines: ‘We like Americans,’ adding that no one liked Saddam Hussein because ‘he was not kind.’”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell