We have been focused mostly on the war lately, but there are interesting developments on other fronts. The New York Times has an encouraging report on race discrimination in education. Two civil rights groups, the Center for Equal Opportunity and the American Civil Rights Institute, are about to file lawsuits against thirty colleges and universities to stop race discrimination in connection with various “awards and academic enrichment programs.” Some universities have already stopped discriminating in the face of threatened litigation. The Times quotes the general counsel of Iowa State University: “We have to face the fact that the direction of the courts has been very much against the consideration of race at all.”
Whether that direction continues will depend largely on what the Supreme Court does in the two cases now pending against the University of Michigan.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell