Commentators on several networks have started pointing fingers at Bush Adminsitration “officials” who predicted that the going in Iraq would be easy. Putting aside the fact that these predictions cannot yet said to be erroneous, the individuals accused of making them are not Administration officials. One is Ken Adelman who apparently used the term “cakewalk” in an article written more than a year ago. To my knowledge, Adelman holds no position in the Adminstration. The other — Richard Perle — sits on (and until recently chaired) a committee that advises the Defense Department. Attempts to attribute these predictions to the Bush Administration would be funny were they not so vicious.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell