Commentators on several networks have started pointing fingers at Bush Adminsitration “officials” who predicted that the going in Iraq would be easy. Putting aside the fact that these predictions cannot yet said to be erroneous, the individuals accused of making them are not Administration officials. One is Ken Adelman who apparently used the term “cakewalk” in an article written more than a year ago. To my knowledge, Adelman holds no position in the Adminstration. The other — Richard Perle — sits on (and until recently chaired) a committee that advises the Defense Department. Attempts to attribute these predictions to the Bush Administration would be funny were they not so vicious.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell