Dafydd ab Hugh is one of our most eagle eyed readers and frequent correspondents. He has written to share two predictions about the upcoming battle of Baghdad that we submit for your consideration:
“1) There will NOT be a general uprising against Saddam when we begin fighting the Nebudchadnezer, Hammurabbi, and Medina divisions; the civilians will pretty much sit tight and see what develops, or else flee. But, 2) The much vaunted Special Republican Guards will turn out to be paper panzers; they will collapse a lot faster than anyone is currently predicting. The battle will be shorter than people think; Baghdad will be much easier to conquer than anticipated. Everyone who can actually fight has long since been purged and executed as a danger to Saddam.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell