Debka File reports that the 101st Airborne Division, one of the world’s most formidable fighting forces, has broken through Iraqi lines in what may be a decisive development in the war. Iraqis have now opened the Euphrates-Tigris floodgates in an effort to stop the advancing Americans.
Debka also has an interesting evaluation of the war as of Day 12, under the title “Saddam Eyes Endgame”:
“The Iraq war is resolving itself into a battle of wits….The protagonists are US General Tommy Franks and Saddam Hussein. The score on Day 12 of the war is even. DEBKAfile
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell