I’m getting ready to hit the road again, so I may not be posting for a few days. This is a bad time to be away from one’s family, but a good time to be away from Washington, D.C. As I type these words, some guy with a megaphone is shrilly addressing peace demonstrators assemble at Dupont Circle. I can’t make out exactly what he’s saying, but I hear the phrase “hijacked the White House” and the word “fascist.” In Reading, Pennsylvania, where I’m headed, one doesn’t hear these sorts of things. The patriotic feeling there is palpable, as I’m sure it is in most places, but not here in the Nation’s Capital.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell