I’m getting ready to hit the road again, so I may not be posting for a few days. This is a bad time to be away from one’s family, but a good time to be away from Washington, D.C. As I type these words, some guy with a megaphone is shrilly addressing peace demonstrators assemble at Dupont Circle. I can’t make out exactly what he’s saying, but I hear the phrase “hijacked the White House” and the word “fascist.” In Reading, Pennsylvania, where I’m headed, one doesn’t hear these sorts of things. The patriotic feeling there is palpable, as I’m sure it is in most places, but not here in the Nation’s Capital.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell