The Associated Press reports that American and Kurdish forces have searched the compound formerly occupied by Ansar al-Islam Islamofascists in northern Iraq, and have found “what may be the strongest evidence yet linking the group to al-Qaida.” The search also yielded documents and computer data identifying Ansar members or sympathizers around the world. General Richard Myers says that the Ansar compound is believed to be the source of the ricin that was found in London a couple of months ago.
I understand the desire to find links between a group like Ansar al-Islam and al Qaeda, but the reality is that the Islamofascists are loosely organized. Not only do the various organizations cooperate on an ad hoc basis, but individual Islamofascists also move from group to group. Groups arise, merge with others, go out of existence. “Al Qaeda” is not the problem; Islamofascism is the problem.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- There's something about Hillary's health
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell