The two civilians in the photo below were kidnapped by the Iraqis eleven days ago. They were alleged to be U.S. or British soldiers and were shown on al Jazeera as prisoners of war. In fact, they were two truck drivers from Kenya. The Iraqis held them in a school (consistent with their usual practice of using schools and hospitals as military facilities) and mistreated them for ten days. The Iraqis debated killing the Kenyans but never did so. Yesterday a local Iraqi tipped off British soldiers as to the truck drivers’ whereabouts, and the Black Watch raided the school and freed the Kenyans.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell