The Washington Times collects recent poll data showing overwhelming levels of support for the Iraq war and for President Bush’s administration. Notably, 75% trust President Bush and his advisers; 60% would support the war even if it lasted for more than a year; and 73% say the U.N. weapons inspectors were given enough time.
All of which suggests that, however tempting it may be to appeal to the Democratic Party’s hard core of anti-Bush partisans, the Democratic Presidential contenders can’t seriously hope to win by appealing to the anti-war vote.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell