Newsday reports that both Arnold Schwartzenegger and Condoleezza Rice are rumored to be considering a run for Governor of California in 2006. Arnold has made no secret of his political ambitions for a long time; Rice apparently never talks about politics and has ruled out a Senatorial bid in 2004, but friends say she is interested in the California governorship. That would certainly make for an interesting primary. Either candidate could breathe life into a state party that has been moribund in recent years.
I’m dubious about Arnold’s politics, however. I don’t think he’s much of a conservative, and my sense is that for him, politics is just another form of stardom.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell