…It Certainly Should Be,” writes Stephen Pollard in the Daily Telegraph. Syria has been off the radar screen for a while, but is deservedly taking center stage. Pollard provides an excellent summary of the Syrian threat, and concludes:
“Mr Straw may want ‘nothing to do’ with threats to Syria, but the Bush Administration knows what it is doing. The impact of so swift a victory in Iraq will be felt well beyond. Military action against Syria may not be the answer, or even necessary.
“The clear message has now gone out that the rules of the game have changed. As one Pentagon adviser told me last week: ‘I wouldn’t be too surprised if the opportunity presented by having 250,000 troops on the ground was accompanied by a d
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell