The excellent Noemie Emery of the Weekly Standard on how, like Baghdad, the major networks and New York Times appear to have crumbled from within. Emery’s brilliantly-stated conclusion is this: “In the 1960s, the left was sent on the Long March through the institutions of information and culture, hoping in time to control all the bullhorns: the schools and the churches; the films, arts, and music; the publishing houses; the networks and the press. And now that they have them, they turn out to be worthless. Their worst fears have been realized, and the country is growing and confidence. The Long March to sell us on fear and failure is ending in freedom and flags.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell