Reader C.S. pointed out this article: you can judge for yourselves whether it is a real Mother Jones piece, or an Onion parody:
“These are not easy times for American peace activists. Support for the war in Iraq has surged — even in the quintessentially liberal Bay Area — and protesters are meeting ugly resistance, both from jeering Bush patriots and disturbingly aggressive police.” Well, I had hoped that was true, but it’s nice to see it confirmed.
“The Iraqi people dancing in the streets…probably weren’t those who lost family members to coalition bombs.” True; they’re probably the ones who lost family members to Saddam’s dungeons.
“What antiwar activists must figure out…is how to support the downfall of a brutal tyrant while questioning the means by which he was overthrown: a reckless and globally divisive invasion which has killed and mutilated thousands, and now threatens to destabilize an entire region.” Yes, that is a bit of a dilemma. But there must have been an easier way. Perhaps if we had challenged him to a game of rock, paper, scissors….
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell