London’s Sunday Times reports that “France gave Saddam Hussein’s regime regular reports on its dealings with US officials….The conservative British weekly said the information kept Saddam abreast of every development in US planning and may have helped him to prepare for war.”
This link is to a summary of the Times article, since the Times requires registration. The Times account is based on “files it had found in the wreckage of the Iraqi foreign ministry.” I still think it’s very strange that newspapers have access to Iraqi government buildings and apparently are able to paw through files in search of stories. I don’t know, maybe it’s a good thing–but very odd.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell