now that corporate America, the military, academia, and the rest of the elites have spoken, but 64 percent of Americans believe that racial minority group members should not receive preferential admission to colleges, accordng to the results of a survey released by the Chronicle of Higher Education, as reported by the Washington Times. The president of the American Council on Education responds that these survey results are the product of a misunderstanding of how affirmative action works. However, as I read the Times’ story, the issue in the survey was whether minority group members should be admitted over whites with higher test scores and grades. That, of course, is precisely how the affirmative action practiced by institutions like the University of Michigan works.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell