now that corporate America, the military, academia, and the rest of the elites have spoken, but 64 percent of Americans believe that racial minority group members should not receive preferential admission to colleges, accordng to the results of a survey released by the Chronicle of Higher Education, as reported by the Washington Times. The president of the American Council on Education responds that these survey results are the product of a misunderstanding of how affirmative action works. However, as I read the Times’ story, the issue in the survey was whether minority group members should be admitted over whites with higher test scores and grades. That, of course, is precisely how the affirmative action practiced by institutions like the University of Michigan works.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Black Lives Natter in St. Paul
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell