now that corporate America, the military, academia, and the rest of the elites have spoken, but 64 percent of Americans believe that racial minority group members should not receive preferential admission to colleges, accordng to the results of a survey released by the Chronicle of Higher Education, as reported by the Washington Times. The president of the American Council on Education responds that these survey results are the product of a misunderstanding of how affirmative action works. However, as I read the Times’ story, the issue in the survey was whether minority group members should be admitted over whites with higher test scores and grades. That, of course, is precisely how the affirmative action practiced by institutions like the University of Michigan works.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell