French writer Bernard-Henri Levy has just published a book titled Who Killed Daniel Pearl?. Based on news accounts, the book appears to be heavy on speculation. Levy’s theory–by no means unique to him–is that Pearl was hot on the trail of a connection between al Qaeda and Pakistan’s intelligence service: “My hypothesis is that bin Laden, this scarecrow of whom we are quite rightly afraid, is in some respects a puppet. He is there on stage but behind him are more secret, but more important, individuals who are his inspiration.”
Levy’s views on Islamofascism are sound: “Radical Islam is as much to be feared today as the communist and fascist totalitarianisms of yesterday were. Everything must be done to stop a frontal collision between the west and Islam in general. The only war of civilisations must be within Islam, between the democrats and the fascists.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell