This is the advice of George Will, as he surveys the field of Democratic hopefuls (the “field of dreamers”). I agree. As I suggested the other day, of all the hopefuls, Gephardt is the most likely to be sworn in as president in January 2005. With his health care plan, he probably becomes liberal enough to be nominated, and given his pro-war stance, he is electable if things turn sour for President Bush.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell