George Will’s column today pursues a theme that D.J. Tice of the St. Paul Pioneer Press has frequently written about, the addiction of the states to money extorted from the tobacco business: “The states’ tobacco dilemma.” Rocket Man might be interested to note that some editor has sought to correct Will by changing what was obviously Will’s reference to preexisting law establishing the sale of cigarettes as not “tortious” to not “tortuous.” Ouch!
In the Wall Street Journal, Walter Olson examines the absurdity of the Florida litigation that is the occasion of Will’s column: “Trial lawyers get spanked.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell