This news item is interesting, but it is impossible to know what to make of it. Apparently some illegal immigrants who worked for tenants of the Sears Tower have been arrested by federal authorities on account of “security concerns.” No information about the number arrested, countries of origin, etc. The Sears Tower has long been a rumored target of terrorist threats, to the point where I believe it has become an issue in securing tenants.
The arrests were denounced as “outrageous” by the usual suspects, but given that those arrested were apparently all here illegally, it’s hard to see how they can complain. The late, great Sonny Bono was once asked for his “position” on illegal immigration. He looked puzzled–“My position? What do you mean, my position? It’s illegal.” That’s my position, too.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Minnesota Public Radio: Anatomy of a Smear
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Round Up the Usual Suspects Edition
- The Cost of "The Resistance": For CA, It's $12 Billion
- A significant moment in administrative law
- Is There Any Basis For Consensus In American Public Life?
- Civil War on the Left, Part 54: Campus Cannibalism
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell