Did the Germans seek to isolate and enslave American Jewish prisoners of war? I did not know that they did. How did their comrades-in-arms respond? Tonight public television broadcasts the enraging, inspirational Charles Guggenheim documentary “Berga,” telling the story of Americans taken prisoner by the Germans in the Battle of the Bulge. None of the standard accounts of the battle tells this story. Learn the name of Hans Kasten, a peculiarly American hero, and remember his mighty deeds. Dorothy Rabinowitz has a characteristically excellent account of the show in the Wall Street Journal today: “Prisoners of another war.” Click here for WNET’s home page on the show, including access to highlights of the program and much additional information.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell