U.S. News and World Report has a compelling account of “the inside story of how U.S. terrorist hunters are going after al Qaeda”: “Playing offense.” (Courtesy of Right Wing News.) The story notes something I have long believed — that when al Qaeda attacked the United States on 9/11, they thought they were still dealing with Bill Clinton. They expected us to do no more than to lob a few cruise missiles at a meaningless target.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell