As former teenage students of the “Playboy philosophy” — Hugh Hefner’s encylopedic exposition of his deep thoughts in a monthly Playboy column during the sixties — Rocket Man and I should not have let Hefner’s seventy-seventh birthday pass without notice. George Will makes up for us today in his column: “Hef the winner.”
HINDROCKET adds: It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that, for better or worse, Hefner was one of the most influential thinkers of the past century. Our musings on the rise of the Playboy Philosophy in American public life can be linked to at left under the title “Clinton.” The article, titled “Perjury Penumbra,” was originally published in the Orange County Register.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell