In his Weekly Standard column Hugh Hewitt warns of California’s impending giveaway of authority over real property including every “site that is associated with the traditional beliefs, practices, lifeways, and ceremonial activities of a Native American tribe.” What’s the problem with that? Hugh suggests that in addition to the obvious problems it creates for housing development, it is unconstitutional: “Gray Davis rolls the dice.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell