The Washington Post has an interesting portrait of Tom Daschle cranking up his re-election machine in our favorite red state: “Democrat in Bush country.” Key fact: “[Daschle] said he plans to raise at least $10 million — enough money to purchase heavy air time starting this summer or sooner, and running straight through Election Day. South Dakota television markets are among the nation’s cheapest, so voters are likely to watch another 18 months of political ads.”
Good as it is, the Post story does not cover all the relevant angles. Daschle’s race cannot be understood without frequent consultation with the blogs Inside South Dakota and South Dakota Politics. There Daschle’s relationship with South Dakota’s dominant political reporter has been the subject of recent posts, as well as Linda Daschle’s lobbying work for Schering-Plough — today’s entry in the corporate scandals department.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell