The Washington Post has an interesting portrait of Tom Daschle cranking up his re-election machine in our favorite red state: “Democrat in Bush country.” Key fact: “[Daschle] said he plans to raise at least $10 million — enough money to purchase heavy air time starting this summer or sooner, and running straight through Election Day. South Dakota television markets are among the nation’s cheapest, so voters are likely to watch another 18 months of political ads.”
Good as it is, the Post story does not cover all the relevant angles. Daschle’s race cannot be understood without frequent consultation with the blogs Inside South Dakota and South Dakota Politics. There Daschle’s relationship with South Dakota’s dominant political reporter has been the subject of recent posts, as well as Linda Daschle’s lobbying work for Schering-Plough — today’s entry in the corporate scandals department.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell