We posted a few days ago on the woman who has sued the state of Florida, with the assistance of the Florida Civil Liberties Union, claiming that her Muslim religion requires her to wear a veil in her driver’s license photograph, which renders the photo useless as identification.
So I couldn’t help being struck by this photo of Miss Egypt, who is currently participating in the Miss Universe pageant:
It’s a small point, of course, and I suppose she could be a Copt. But still, I can’t help feeling that the Florida case is another instance where the remarkable good will of the American people is being taken advantage of by our adversaries.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell