We posted a few days ago on the woman who has sued the state of Florida, with the assistance of the Florida Civil Liberties Union, claiming that her Muslim religion requires her to wear a veil in her driver’s license photograph, which renders the photo useless as identification.
So I couldn’t help being struck by this photo of Miss Egypt, who is currently participating in the Miss Universe pageant:
It’s a small point, of course, and I suppose she could be a Copt. But still, I can’t help feeling that the Florida case is another instance where the remarkable good will of the American people is being taken advantage of by our adversaries.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell